Apply to study at the top ranked University of Wisconsin-Madison!
We welcome juniors and seniors to apply for our Thematic Visiting International Student Program (VISP) Track for Economics. You will take our most popular and in demand courses. Please apply by April 1 for the fall and October 20 for the next spring semester for priority consideration.
· Wisconsin Economics Graduate Programs consistently rank among the top few in the world
· Among the many strengths of our program is Applied Micro and Econometrics (top 10 in the 2017 US News & World Report ranking)
· Classes taught by well-established senior professors and world class lecturers
· A top ranked university in a diverse & bustling city
Seats are reserved for Thematic Track participants for the following courses offered in the fall/spring semester. Other Economics courses may be available to the VISP students if there are open seats. Faculty and staff in the Department of Economics will advise students on their course selection and program plan based on their academic background:
- Econ 410 Introductory Econometrics (fall and spring)
- Econ 442 Macroeconomic policy (fall)
- Econ 450 Wages and the Labor Market (spring)
- Econ 464 International Trade (fall and spring)
- Econ 467 International Industrial Organizations (fall)
- Econ 475 Economics of Growth (fall and spring)
- Econ 521 Game Theory and Economic Analysis (spring)
- Econ 530 Insuring Life’s Risks: Health, Aging, and Policy (fall)
- Econ 570 Fundamentals of Data Analytics for Economists (spring)
- Econ 661 Issues in International Macroeconomics (spring)
- Econ 690 Topics in Economics: Causal Effects in Policy (spring)
To learn more about Thematic VISP Program in Economics, visit these resources:
If you have questions, please contact Huiming Wang.