With 1,300 undergraduate students and nearly 200 Master's students, the Economics Department at University of Wisconsin-Madison is a great resource for recruiting top talent!
Greetings from the University of Wisconsin-Madison Economics Career Development Office!
Consistently ranked among the top programs in the world and housed within the College of Letters and Science, our undergraduate and Master’s students learn quantitative and critical thinking skills while supplementing their education with additional coursework from a broad range of disciplines. The result is students with strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills, as well as leadership abilities and a strong work ethic.
- Promote internship and full-time opportunities by emailing positions to email@example.com
- Participate in our Lunch & Learn or Coffee Chat series where you can meet with 8-10 students interested in your organization over lunch or coffee
- Host students for our Economics Winter Break Job Shadow Program (mid-January each year) or conduct a group site visit at your organization
- Provide a business or research problem for students to investigate and present solutions to your organization
- Present a professional development workshop, previous topics have included StrengthsFinder, cracking case interviews, and industry overviews
Course Spotlight: Econometrics
Topics covered include survey methods and data sources; multiple regression and analysis of variance; econometric estimation; forecasting and policy application. Our Master's students take 3 semesters of econometrics and many of our undergraduate students take 1 semester as an advanced economics course.
OUR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- 1,300 students – one of the most popular majors at UW-Madison!
- 30% female
- 48% double major
- 30% math emphasis track
ONE MAJOR – TWO TRACKS
We have two tracks within the major—an Economics track and a Math Emphasis track, which includes additional coursework in math, statistics, and econometrics.
STUDENTS PURSUE CAREERS IN
- Banking & Finance
- Community & Social Services
- Data Analytics
- Economic Development
- International Trade
- Marketing &
- Public Policy & Law
- Real Estate & Urban Planning
OUR MASTER’S STUDENTS
- About 200 students
- 40% female
- Ranked 5th among Master’s Programs by TFE times!
In addition to advanced economics and econometrics courses, Master’s students take elective courses based on their career interests. Some popular additional topics students take courses in include:
- Data Analytics & Visualization
- Machine Learning
- Numerical Analysis
- Finance & Accounting
- Public Affairs
WHO HIRES OUR MASTER’S GRADUATES?
- Acumen LLC / SPHERE Institute
- NERA Economic Consulting
- Navigant Consulting
- Bates White Consulting
- Brattle Group
- Freddie Mac
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- International Monetary Fund
- UnitedHealth Group