American Economic Challenges Symposium
Presented by the Juli Plant Grainger Institute for Economic Research and the Department of Economics at UW-Madison
Friday, October 11, 2019
The agenda is still being finalized, but current confirmed sessions include:
- China, Tariffs and World Trade
- Presented by Stephen Roach (Senior Fellow, Yale University’s Jackson Institute)
- The Economics Outlook
- A Q&A with Jan Hatzius (Chief Economist, Goldman Sachs)
- Keynote Address
- Delivered by Eric Rosengren (President & Chief Executive Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston)
- Higher Education: A solution to income inequality
- A Q&A with Rebecca Blank (Chancellor, University of Wisconsin-Madison)
Pricing tiers for the Economics symposium are as follows:
Economics alumni/general public: $100
Young alumni (5 years or less post-graduation): $75
Group rates and room blocks coming soon!
Parking will be available throughout campus on a limited basis. Please check the campus parking map for availability on the day of the event.
Registration is now open. Reserve your spot here.
Join the UW-Madison Department of Economics and the Economics Advisory Board for a symposium on the UW-Madison campus this fall.
Symposium details can be found below, including information on the schedule of events, registration, parking, and more.
View Campus Map
Registration is now open. RSVP today!
The American Economic Challenges Symposium was made possible by the Juli Plant Grainger Institute for Economic Research and the Department of Economics at UW-Madison. Thank you!