The 2022 Annual Meeting for the Society for Economic Dynamics will be hosted by the University of Wisconsin-Madison from June 28-30, 2022.
The Society for Economic Dynamics is a scientific society with the purpose of encouraging and supporting economic research. It achieves its aims through publications, conferences and web dissemination: The Review of Economic Dynamics is the Journal of the Society; the SED Annual Meeting is the main scientific gathering of the Society.
Resources to complete paper submission, registration, and lodging reservations can be found below.
The conference app is now available. The app has the most up to date program, maps, and all the information you will need. You can search for people/papers and save sessions to your personal schedule. To get the app, download the “Guidebook” app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Open the Guidebook app and search for “SED 2022.”
- Pick up your nametag on Tuesday morning (8:00 AM-noon) in the East Atrium of Grainger Hall. Coffee and pastries kick off the day at 8:00 AM in Grainger Hall’s West Atrium.
- The forecast looks good, with lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s. There is a chance of rain on Tuesday. The walk from the sessions to lunch each day takes about 5 minutes. I would toss an umbrella in my suitcase.
- Please arrive at your session 5 minutes early so that we can load your slides. There will be a volunteer (UW PhD students—say hello to them!) in each room to help.
- The University of Wisconsin is affiliated with eduroam. There is also a guest WiFi network. More information about WiFi can be found in the app.
- As of today, there are no masking or testing requirements imposed by the government or the University. Please wear a mask if that is how you are most comfortable. There is outdoor space at lunch and the receptions, and the plenary sessions take place in an oversized room where social distancing is possible.
- A concert by The Contractions has been added to the social events program. They will play at the Essen Haus on Wednesday, June 29 from 9 PM-midnight.
Harvard and IMF
University of Chicago
Room blocks in Madison have been reserved for guests of the SED Annual Meeting. Please click on the box below to create a reservation.
Getting to Madison
By plane: Dane County Regional Airport (airport code MSN) is minutes from downtown Madison and offers more than 95 daily arrivals and departures. A growing list of direct, non-stop service flights makes getting to Madison easier than ever. Taxis and ride app providers Lyft and Uber pick up and drop off passengers at the airport.
By car: The University of Wisconsin-Madison can be accessed by car, but with limited parking on campus, we encourage you to use Uber or Lyft or the bus system.
Taxi, limousine and rideshare services
By bus: The Madison Metro Bus System offers convenient routes throughout Madison and the UW-Madison campus.
Transportation in Madison
The UW-Madison campus/conference venue is near the downtown area and close to many hotels, bars and restaurants. Local transportation options include bus, taxi, Uber and Lyft. Electric bicycles are also a convenient way to travel around Madison, and are available to easily rent throughout the campus and community.
Taxi, limousine and rideshare services
Thank you to our generous donor, the Juli Plant Grainger Institute, who helped make this conference possible.
Submissions will be collected through the Society for Economic Dynamics until February 15, 2022. To create a new submission, click the "Submit" button above.
June 28: Reception at the University of Wisconsin-Madison/Grainger Hall
June 29: Reception at the University of Wisconsin-Madison/Pyle Center
June 29: 9 pm – midnight: The Contractions play at the Essen Haus
June 30: Reception at the University of Wisconsin-Madison/Grainger Hall