Greetings from the University of Wisconsin-Madison Economics Career Development Office. We work with undergraduate and Master’s economics students to explore their career options, find opportunities to gain experience, and prepare them for internships and job searches.
Economics students have an excellent combination of strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills, as well as leadership abilities and a strong work ethic. Many combine their liberal arts coursework with relevant technical courses in finance, engineering, accounting, or similar majors to enhance their knowledge and skills.
With over 1,100 undergraduate and nearly 200 Master’s students each year, you can promote your company to one of the largest departments at UW-Madison. There are many ways to do this:
• Promote job and internship openings
• Host an employer information session
• Host a workshop, such as Resume Review, Networking 101, or How to Stand Out at a Career Fair
• Participate in mock interviews
• Sponsor a case competition
• Collaborate with the Economics Student Association on events or meet with the group during their networking trips to Chicago, Milwaukee or Minneapolis
We look forward to working with you as you plan recruiting events and determine hiring needs for the upcoming year. We have many ideas to help you build your brand on campus and can help you develop a strategy to connect with our talented economics students. To get connected, contact Ilsa May, Career and Outreach Coordinator, at email@example.com or (608) 262-3559.
We look forward to forming a partnership that will serve both your organization and our students.