Academic advising, along with general information about the undergraduate major and coursework, is available in room 7238 Social Science Building. Find us on the campus map.
ACADEMIC ADVISING HOURS AND DECLARING A MAJOR:
Drop in advising is held weekly from 10:00am – 12:00pm, Tuesday – Friday.
Students who are declared in economics can schedule appointments online with Alicia Johanning using the Starfish app in MyUW.
- Log in to your MyUW
- Open the Starfish app (if you do not see it, you can begin by searching for it in MyUW and adding it to your dashboard)
- Within the Starfish app, select an economics advisor’s name and find an available date and time.
More help on using Starfish can be found here. If you have any questions or issues, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Meet the following requirements before declaring the major:
- Complete at least two economics courses on the UW-Madison campus.
- Complete a calculus course.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all completed economics and calculus courses.
2. Complete the online declaration form and attend a group advising session (IMPORTANT NOTE: Starting in October 2019, the only way to declare the major will be by attending a group advising session). Group advising sessions will occur weekly on Mondays each month at 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- You will be able to sign up for a group advising session while completing the online declaration form.
The undergraduate advising office is open each weekday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Drop-in advising takes place Tuesday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If you have no advisor and have questions, you may email email@example.com.