Academic advising, along with general information about the undergraduate major and coursework, is available in Room 7238 of the Social Science Building. Find us on the campus map.
ACADEMIC ADVISING HOURS AND DECLARING A MAJOR:
- Open Drop-In Advising
- Advising for Declared Majors
- Declaring an Economics Major
- General Office Hours
Our regularly scheduled drop-in advising hours for Spring 2019 will begin on Tuesday, January 22.
Drop-in advising takes place Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday mornings from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
These hours are first-come, first-served and are suitable for undeclared students of economics with questions about coursework or enrollments.
Weekday afternoon appointments with Susan and Alicia are reserved for declared majors.
Declared Econ majors can schedule appointments online with Susan and Alicia using the Scheduling Assistant of MyUW.
1. Meet the following requirements before declaring the major:
- Complete at least two economics courses on the UW-Madison campus.
- Complete a calculus course.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all completed economics and calculus courses.
2. Complete the online declaration form.
3. Attend drop-in advising hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The Undergraduate Office is open each weekday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Drop-in advising takes place Tuesday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If you have no advisor and have questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.