Academic advising, along with general information about the undergraduate major and coursework, is available in room 7238 Social Science Building. Find us on the campus map.
ACADEMIC ADVISING HOURS AND DECLARING A MAJOR:
- Open Drop-In Advising
- Advising for Declared Majors
- Declaring an Economics Major
- General Office Hours
Our regularly scheduled drop-in advising hours will resume on August 27th, 2019.
Drop-in advising takes place Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday mornings from 10:00 a.m. – 12:oo p.m. in room 7238 Social Sciences.
These hours are first-come, first-served and are suitable for undeclared students of economics with questions about coursework or enrollment.
Students who are declared in economics can schedule appointments online with Alicia Bingen and Jordan Richardson using the Starfish app in MyUW.
- Log in to your MyUW
- Open the Starfish app (if you do not see it, you can begin by searching for it in MyUW and adding it to your dashboard)
- Within the Starfish app, select an economics advisor’s name and find an available date and time.
More help on using Starfish can be found here. If you have any questions or issues, you can email email@example.com.
1. Meet the following requirements before declaring the major:
- Complete at least two economics courses on the UW-Madison campus.
- Complete a calculus course.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 in all completed economics and calculus courses.
2. Complete the online declaration form.
3. Attend a group advising session.
- Sign up here!
The undergraduate advising office is open each weekday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Drop-in advising takes place Tuesday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If you have no advisor and have questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.